Ravensara shines in its place next to the massage table: when applied to tired or overworked bodies, it is powerfully relaxing and restorative. When it comes to the mind and emotions, ravensara acts as a tonic that soothes and grounds feelings of excess movement and energy, while also being uplifting to cast away sadness and inertia. Considered a valuable tool in maintaining the body's natural homeostasis, it is mild enough to be used safely on children and the elderly.
Ravensara Essential Oil Profile
Organic ravensara oil, distilled from the leaves of the tree growing in the humid evergreen forests of Madagascar, has a clean, lightly camphorous fragrance note.
Ravensara Essential Oil Recipes
- Winter Wellness: 16 drops ravensara essential oil, 3 drops melissa essential oil, 6 drops chamomile essential oil, 4 drops geranium essential oil and 4 drops lavender essential oil in 30 mL of tamanu oil. Apply as needed over affected area.
- Deep Breath Diffuser Blend: 8 drops ravensara essential oil, 3 drops oregano essential oil, 3 drops thyme essential oil and 3 drops rosewood essential oil. Use in steam therapy at first sign of need.
- Winter Defense Bath: 4 drops ravensara essential oil, 2 drops tea tree essential oil, 2 drops niaouli essential oil and 2 drops lemon essential oil. Add to warm bathwater and soak at first sign of need. Recipe may be halved for children and the elderly.
Safety Considerations for Ravensara Essential Oil
Ravensara oil is non-toxic, non-irritant and non-sensitizing, and gentle enough for use with children. Do not use during pregnancy. Do not take ravensare essential oil internally.
Aromatic Profile and Blending of Ravensara Essential Oil
- Perfumery Note: Top to middle
- Odor: Herbaceous, camphorous, spicy, woody, slightly fruity
- Strength of Initial Aroma: Medium to strong
- Blends Well With: Rosemary essential oil, eucalyptus essential oil and lavender essential oil; wood oils such as frankincense essential oil, cedar essential oil and sandalwood essential oil; citrus oils such as bergamot essential oil and lemon essential oil; spice oils such as black pepper essential oil, cardamom essential oil, clove essential oil and ginger essential oil
- Botanical Name: Ravensara aromatica
- Family: Lauraceae
- Composition: 100% Pure Ravensara Essential Oil
- Origin: Madagascar
- Method of Extraction: Steam Distillation
- Cultivation/Harvesting: Organic
- Plant Part: Leaves
- Color: Clear to pale yellow
- Consistency: Thin
- Yield: 0.95% - 3.0%
- Bottle Size: ½ fl oz (15 mL)